ADHD Family COACHINGADHD Family Coaching for children, tween, teen, young adult, adult. Helping you and your Family forward from where you are now to where you want to be!”
What is Family Coaching ?
To help you understand what Coaching is it helpful to understand what coaching is not. Coaching is not therapy, mentoring or consulting.
Psychotherapy- The focus is often on difficulties arising from the past that hamper an individual’s emotional functioning in the present, improving overall psychological functioning, and dealing with the present in more emotionally healthy ways. Certified Coaches have received training to discern the differences between coaching and therapy and are obliged by a code of Ethics to refer prospective or current clients to therapists when appropriate.
Mentoring- An expert who provides wisdom and guidance based on his/her own experiences. Mentoring may include advising, counselling and coaching.
Consulting –Individuals or organizations retain a consultant for their expertise. Consulting approaches vary widely, however the assumption is that the consultant will identify challenges then work towards implementing solutions.
Coaching- You work with your coach to move you forward towards the goals (vision) you have for your life. With a coach you look at where you are now and where you want to go, then work towards those goals by discovering through the coaching process the action steps you can take to get you there!
Coaches honour the client as the expert in his/her life and believes every client is whole, resourceful and creative. A Coach does not believe you are broken and does not believe that you need to be fixed!
ADHD Family Coaching is a collaborative, supportive, goal-oriented process in which the coach and the client work together to identify the client’s vision(goals) for their life You work with the coach to discover self- awareness (where you are getting stuck) then develop systems, and strategies—the skills—necessary to get unstuck and achieve those goals and full potential.
An ADHD Family Coach is a life coach that has an in-depth understanding of ADHD how it impacts a person and coaches with that awareness. Coaching is done with an accountability partner! Me! Guiding and helping you to keep your vision for your life alive and consistently moving you forward towards that success!
ADHD Family Coach Approach
I use a positive, strength based coach approach and research based on the most effective and best practices for ADHD. I work with you and your family to gain understanding/clarity on where ADHD is specifically causing an impact on you and/or your child then guide as you create tailored systems, strategies and structure in your environment that supports you to achieve success in all areas of your child’s and your life.
With me you will gain powerful “Parenting for ADHD” techniques that promote positive behaviour, effectively reduces conflict and creates a calm home environment. What will grow is a healthy, loving, and connected relationship between you and your children.
I will work with you to help your child build strong social skills, learn to problem solve, manage anxiety, discover personally tailored systems/structures/tools that will make their world ADHD friendly for personal, academic and social success.
Allow me to become your ADHD Family Coaching partner to help you and your family get on track for a happy thriving life!
Who will I Coach?
Where does Coaching take Place?
In Person– If you live in Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga and Toronto areas then I will come to your home to work with you and your child.
Telephone (90 % of coaching is done over the phone) – you can be anywhere in the world!
I have many local call in numbers available to you no matter where in the world you are! Schedule your time with me, indicate your location and I will email you your local call in number and a special code then we can connect! It is that simple!
Online Video conference– With this you can also live anywhere in the world where there is internet access. There are many free online live video options available like Any Meeting, Google Hangouts, and Skype.
How does a Coaching session work?
Outlined below is the general structure of a coaching session:
- Before your coaching session, you will have the opportunity to choose if you wish to fill out (then email) a coaching prep plan which will uncover the accomplishments and challenges you wish to spend our time on. Every week you can choose to fill out this prep plan and indicate what you wish to focus our time on and any wins or challenges you had the previous week.
- At the start of your session, I will check in with you to celebrate with you your wins and see if you wish to focus on the challenges you indicated having on your prep form or if you have something else you wish to focus on. We will track your progress on your goals together, and review what you achieved since the last coaching session.
- We will identify what you want to be coached on in the session. Together we will explore the concern or challenge you are experiencing with me asking you powerful questions to guide you to the clarity you seek and move you forward to success!
- You may choose to continue to work on something we had previously been working on. Sometimes we are working with powerful coaching tools that you have agreed to use in our coaching process.
- You may need to get unstuck, or start seeing the challenge you are facing from a different perspective. We will work to identify the place this challenge is coming from, and the best way of approaching it that is tailored to what works for you, your child and /or family.
- You may need to get clear about the obstacles in front of you.
- You may need to learn new strategies, or tweak those that aren’t working for you, in order to overcome these obstacles.
- Together we will come up with an action plan on what needs to be done to achieve the outcome you desire.
- Finally, we will look together toward the coming week and set out what you have decided to accomplish and achieve. After our session you may choose to fill out a follow-up form from our session that summarizes what we have agreed to. This creates accountability and motivation to keep you moving toward your goals.
Is Coaching right for you?
- You can take the quiz on this page- “Am I ready for Coaching?”
- Schedule your Complimentary Phone Consultation -I am happy to provide a 20 minute phone consultation to answer any initial questions you have about Coaching or ADHD.
- Schedule A more in-depth Strategy and Planning Session. – We can meet in person if you are near Hamilton, Burlington, Mississauga or Toronto, Ontario, Canada area, by Phone, or by online video anywhere in the World.
In this 90 minute session we will further clarify what you are experiencing right now including your main areas of concern. I will share with you information about ADHD and learn the impact it is having on your family then I will suggest some strategies you can begin using right away. At the end of the session we will decide if we are a fit and how we will work together to find your personal solutions/strategies/structure to help you and/or Child achieve, personal academic/professional and social success!
Questions? Click Here to Contact Us
I look forward to connecting with you soon!